[GE users] queue wait policy

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Nov 7 14:25:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 07.11.2008 um 13:13 schrieb Mag Gam:

> I have implemented this fair scheduling process by looking at this:
> http://gridengine.info/2006/01/17/easy-setup-of-equal-user-
> fairshare-policy
>
> However, I want to be 100% certain I am not mixing it up with other
> parameters such has having share tree and functional, how can I check
> that?
>
> Also, is the policy  Reuti describes "Share Tree" or "Functional"? I
> prefer share tree because I need a half life factor of 48 hours.

it's just Functional to balance the slots among all users equally
without any history. This is always a good starting point. When of
course one user arrives early in the morning he could flood the cluster.

What you might want in addition, is to limit each user to use only 5
slots at all which can be done by an RQS

limit users {*} to slots=5

see: man sge_resource_quota

How did you come to the 48 hrs half life time for a share tree setup?

-- Reuti