[GE users] sunsource.net downtime Tuesday 11/04/08 starting at 8:30 pm PDT

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Fri Nov 7 15:58:24 GMT 2008

> On 11/5/08, Olesen, Mark <Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com> wrote:
> > I would definite second you ("ron" - aka "Ron Chen") here.
> > This makes searching and quick categorization a real headache.
>
> I found an even bigger headache!!
>
> If you view the list archive, you will find that it is now grouping
> messages by threads. Shouldn't be a problem until you find that a lot
> of people just modify the email subject to start a new thread, and
> this makes the site thinks that they are all under the same thread!

If the mailing list software is getting looked at anyhow ...
perhaps there might be some way to add in an extra tag to signal that
the rest of the email should be truncated. I was thinking about
something like <PemoveTheLongwindedLegalDisclaimerTrailer> (yes I really
do mean this seriously).

Maybe there'd also be some way to automatically compact all of the
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do...  references
together.

/mark
message from your computer.