[GE users] how are functional tickets assigned to jobs?

olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 10 20:04:08 GMT 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 10:53 AM, andreas wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, olson wrote:
>
>> I don't understand why jobs 192459-192467 have more tickets than the
>> other queued jobs. They were submitted some time ago, when a
>> different
>> assignment of tickets had been made between the departments; is there
>> some sticky state left over from that?
>
> I would rule out a sticky state from former departments setting.
> AFAICT this is just because 192459-192467 were submitted earlier
> than the 380015-380018 and 334947-334950.

So the tickets are allocated when the jobs are created? That doesn't
seem right, since as I watch the queue the number of tickets allocated
to the queued jobs changes over time.

I guess I don't understand why the older jobs would have a different
number of tickets; the rest of the waiting jobs, submitted at a range
of times, all have the same number of tickets.

--bob