[GE users] Purpose of calendar

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 11 12:52:05 GMT 2008

Am 11.11.2008 um 03:48 schrieb magawake:

> great thanks, but are there any example of using this?

There are some in: man calendar_conf

> I tried to search for them but was unsuccessful.
>
> For instance, I would like to limit the number of slots to 5 per
> host during night (starting at 7:00PM to 7:00AM), and then increase
> it to 10 per host during the day (7:00AM to 7:00PM). How can I do
> that with calendar?

You can't change attributes by a calendar, but only a complete queue
(nevertheless there is already an RFE to apply calendars also to RQS).

So you will need one queue with 5 slots w/o a calendar, and a second
queue with 5 slots with an attached calendar:

$ qconf -scal during_day
calendar_name    during_day
year             NONE
week             off 7-19=on

As a abbreviation it could also be written as:

$ qconf -scal during_day
calendar_name    during_day
year             NONE
week             19-7=off

You should see a label "D" in "qstat -f" while it's "calendar disabled"