[GE users] Maximum ram usage of all jobs

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 11 13:57:38 GMT 2008

Am 11.11.2008 um 03:50 schrieb magawake:

> Pedro,
>
> This is actually a very interesting problem. Perhaps I can help you
> because I am running into the same issues.
>
> You can setup -l max_free=5G  for example to ask (or reserve) 5G
> for your job.
>
> I am still not sure what mem_total nor mem_free do.

If you display:

$ qhost -F

you will see:

mem_* = physical memory installed
swap_* = the swap memory defined
virtual_* = mem_* + swap_* = the sum

When one is defined to be consumable and attached to a node, the
lower value of the built-in loadsensor and the already consumed
complex is used, i.e. the more restrictive limit of both.

-- Reuti