[GE users] dependant jobs on same host?

udo waechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Nov 11 15:51:18 GMT 2008

Hello again.
I have many jobs which are split up in 2 steps where step2 is
dependant on step1.
I submit those with

	qsub -N jstep1_N ...
and
	qsub -N jstep2_N -hold_jid jstep1_N ....

where N is a unique int. Thus, each of these tuples is unique.

Are those two jobs executed on the same execution host? If not, is it
possible to somehow ensure that this happens?
Is this possible to do without any parsing of qstat output or so?

Thanks.
udo.

btw.: Thanks to all developers for this great piece of software. I
simply love it.

--
---[ Institute of Cognitive Science @ University of Osnabrueck
---[ Albrechtstrasse 28, D-49076 Osnabrueck, 969-3362