[GE users] dependant jobs on same host?

daireb Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Tue Nov 11 16:03:41 GMT 2008

You could make them all make a hard request for a particular hostname but that is not very efficient. Perhaps use a custom load_sensor and have the first job write something to /tmp (say) - the load_sensor detects it and sets run_here=1. Then submit all the subsequent jobs with a hard request for "run_here=1". You'd also have to make sure all the other jobs on the farm also make a soft request to NOT run on that machine..... There may be a better way!

Daire