[GE announce] [Fwd: Required Maintenance Downtime Window Friday 11/14, 9pm - 11/15, 1am - All Collabnet hosted Sun sites]

sgetest andre.alefeld at sun.com
Wed Nov 12 09:25:27 GMT 2008

Hi,

FYI, there will be another downtime of sunsource.net see the details below.

Andre

------8<--------

Hello,

Production Operations has indicated the following time window for system
maintenance as
a necessity (you likely have already been informed by Support of this):

Pacific Time
Start 11/14/08, 9:00PM
End 11/15/08 1:00AM

Chennai Time
Start 11/15/08, 10:30AM
End 11/15/08 2:30PM

Tokyo Time
Start 11/15/08, 2:00PM
End 11/15/08 6:00PM

London Time
Start 11/15/08, 5:00AM
End 11/15/08 9:00AM

During this time all CollabNet hosted Sun websites will be offline. We
will deploy a splash page during the outage window letting site
visitors know we are down for maintenance.

While the original note indicated that intermittent access might be
possible, I have confirmed that
no time within the four hour window can be considered reliable as resets
could happen at any time.

I have also confirmed that there will be only one splash page available
(no custom pages).

We apologize for the short notice and for the duration of the window,
but we need this downtime to resolve some issues we are seeing.
Unfortunately, based on the nature of the errors, we cannot reschedule
this outage window without risking unplanned downtime for all customers.

Please let me know if there are any questions and please share this
information with your communities.

Thank you,

Eric

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/gridware