[GE users] post task command

jpolk jimp at gradientfx.com
Thu Nov 13 01:15:31 GMT 2008

Hi Reuti,....Thanks for your response....

hmm,..I will search for more information on a queue "epilogue"....
(what a great term, btw)

As far as our setup,...

 > Did I get you setup correct: you have e.g. 16 machines in pool A, 8
 > in pool B and 4 in pool C, while jobs are only allowed during day to
 > start in pool B or C. During night, after they are drained, you would
 > like to have a setup with 28 nodes just in pool A?

That's close....we have a simple setup really....but in the example
described, all the pools are available/dedicated for rendering,
so in the beginning, all pools are running concurrently.
Overnight, "B" and "C" run dry,etc...

 > Are these 16+8+4 machines bound to dedicated nodes, or is it more
 > like having this amount of slots for each job type?

mmm, I believe the former....each of our rendering machines has 8 cores,
split into 4 threads each, so two jobs can run simultaneously per machine
typically, though we can modify that if need be.

Thanks again!
-Jim