[GE users] post task command

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 13 14:47:18 GMT 2008

Am 13.11.2008 um 02:15 schrieb jpolk:

>>> <snip>
>>> Just recently, we successfully implemented a strategy to allocate
>>> all
>>> our rendering
>>> machines into three "pools",...such that jobs from Project A only
>>> run in
>>> Pool A,
>>> and so forth.  We do this by specifying a hostname list either at
>>> submission time

It might be easier, to define and attach a boolean complex
project_a... to these queues. Then you don't need a list of machines,
but could submit:

qsub -l project_a ...

independent from the real hostnames. If the users are fixed, you
could even skip this and attach a user_lists to the queues pool_a.q
and the other two. Then users of project A will only run their job in
this queue automatically.

-- Reuti