[GE users] queue wait policy

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 13 23:11:27 GMT 2008

Am 13.11.2008 um 04:11 schrieb magawake:

> Thanks for the reply!
> I have this set in my
>
> #qconf -ssconf | egrep "functional|share"
> weight_tickets_functional         0
> weight_tickets_share              10000
> share_override_tickets            FALSE
> share_functional_shares           TRUE
> max_functional_jobs_to_schedule   200

This doesn't look like the values Chris mentioned in his answer:
http://gridengine.info/2006/01/17/easy-setup-of-equal-user-fairshare-
policy

> It seems its disabled. And I am using fair share.
>
> But for some reason when a user who does not use a system for a
> long time job does not get executed next even when a slot is free.

There can be various reasons why jobs are not starting:

- Are you using resource reservations?
- Maybe the resources in the nodes are already used up?
- Queues in error status (qstat -f)?

You can set "schedd_job_info true" in the scheduler configuration and
check the waiting jiobs with: qstat -j your_job_id. After it it's
best to set it to "false", as it puts some uncecessary load on the
scheduler.

-- Reuti