[GE users] queue wait policy

magawake magawake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 02:54:25 GMT 2008

Reuti:

That link was for functional share. I actually need to keep track of users who are using the farm and penalize them.

- Are you using resource reservations?
No. No quotas either

- Maybe the resources in the nodes are already used up?
Yes, but other users are being executed before this user eventhough the other users are machine hogs.

- Queues in error status (qstat -f)?
No errors.

Basically, I am trying to figure what is the best way to convince the user that she is using fair schedulning and her job will run. Is there a stat I can show her to say, "look, you ran this much, and you are in the queue with this ticket weight and there is a chance you will run in X minutes" Is that possible to do?

TIA