[GE users] Existing RPMs for SGE 6.2

andy andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri Nov 14 08:57:13 GMT 2008

Hi,

there's an important slight legal difference: the courtesy binaries we offer
come with a different license than the Sun binaries. Btw., an easier path to get
there is

  http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/get_it.jsp

There's currently not a big difference for the essential usage terms
however. Both licenses allow you free, unlimited production use. The
courtesy binaries come with some additional liberal wording, e.g. it grants
you redistribution rights, which only a few parties new. Sun preserves the
right to change the terms of the Sun branded binaries in the future.

We have not heard many requests in the past years for Linux RPM packages,
that's the main reason why we do not offer such packages.

Regards,
Andy