[GE users] 6.2 all queues dropped

truneaux truneaux at gmx.de
Fri Nov 14 14:07:39 GMT 2008

Hello,

we have a 6.2 test installation here with clusterqueues for different applications like nastran_small and nastran_large with different wallclock limits.

inside the q-configuration the hostlist is handled through hostgroups ... all nastran_XXX clusterqueues contain as hostlist only the hostgroup @NASTRAN.

Today I came back after 4 weeks off and found one test job left which was never scheduled.

qstat -j on this job gave me the scheduling info "All queues dropped because of overload or full".
qstat -f didn't list anything.

Restarting the whole cluster didn't change anything.

I had to remove the hostgroup in the hostlist configuration entry of every single clusterqueue and put it back in again to get everything working again. Would there have been an easier way to do so? Or is this a problem of my configuration?

Hoping for hints, best regards

Christian Trunsperger