[GE users] Grid Engine

magno_yu at ml.com magno_yu at ml.com
Fri Nov 14 21:35:38 GMT 2008

Hi.. Is there a qcommand I can run so that I can wait for a job to finished? let's say i have job id - ABC, i want to be able to in bash, say something like

qwait ABC

and it will busy wait there and return when the job is finished/errored, etc..

I understand I can submit jobs that wait for other jobs (set up job dependency).. but I want my actually bash to busy wait there, until my job is done (I don't want to submit a job that waits for other jobs).. Is there such command?

Thanks!