[GE users] Existing RPMs for SGE 6.2

opoplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Sat Nov 15 05:14:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, November 14, 2008 10:24 am, jlb wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 at 2:15pm, Edward Trochim wrote
>
>> Our organization is looking to upgrade our two SGE compute clusters to
>> version 6.2. We want to be able to package the software in an RPM so we
>> can
>> easily distribute it to all the machines. I was looking into how to
>> accomplish this and it seems to be quite a chore. So I was wondering if
>> anyone had already packaged version 6.2 into an RPM that we could use?
>> All
>> the RPMs IÂ?ve been able to find so far have been of 6.1 or older.
>
> When it comes out, Fedora 10 will have 6.2.  You can already find the RPMs
> in any Fedora development mirror (aka Rawhide).

F-10 will ship with 6.2-3.  I'll be pushing a 6.3-4 (or later) 0-day
update as well:

* Tue Nov 11 2008 - Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> - 6.2-4
- Add note to README about localhost line in /etc/hosts
- Cleanup setting.sh some, no more MAN stuff
- Add conditional build support for EL
- Use system db_* utils in bdb_checkpoint script

I've got the src.rpm here:

http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/gridengine-6.2-4.fc11.src.rpm

This should build on EL-5, F-9, and F-8 with sun java 1.6.0 installed.

These rpms are geared for minimal NFS type installs.  install_* scripts
should work, though install_execd should not be needed for standard
"default" installs.  Bugs to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/.

update script worked for me, but it installed a new (unneeded) qmaster
init script, which I should fix.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com