[GE users] Query on SGE configuration

jigar_halani jigar at talentain.com
Mon Nov 17 09:39:04 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I have a query on preemption configuration , this is how the requirement
looks

A pool has 10 CPU's in total and there are 2 types of jobs long and short.
The long jobs run for more than 5 hours and the short ones run for 2-3
minutes. Since the total number of CPU's available are so small,, I am
looking at using all 10 CPU's for both long and short jobs. I am looking at
a config where I could suspend the long jobs running in the long.q when
short jobs get submitted to a queue named short.q. If the suspended job
continues to be in suspend mode for more than 30 minutes, I would like the
suspended job to be resubmitted back to the long.q.

Let me know if this is possible and how.

Regards,

Jigar Halani