[GE users] Sample GE configuration

Gerald Ragghianti geri at utk.edu
Tue Nov 18 03:51:40 GMT 2008

I have written a short page that details our proposed GE configuration.
I thought it might be helpful for others that might have the same
resource contention challenges that we face.  Basically, we have
multiple independent groups, multiple interconnect fabrics, and we apply
limits based on job run time.  Let me know if you see any problems with
what I've described or have an idea of how we could achieve the same
result in a simpler way.

http://hpc.usg.utk.edu/bin/view/Main/GridEngineConfig

Thanks,

--
Gerald Ragghianti
IT Administrator - High Performance Computing
E-mail: geri at utk.edu