[GE users] [GE users] Failed to migrate sgemaster

Marce marcemb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 10:22:59 GMT 2008

Hi all,

now I'm in a migration proccess from a x86 to amd64. The version of
SGE is 6.1u3. The file system is seen by both nodes (we use lustre),
but when I do  this:

[root at pul common]# /home/sge/default/common/sgemaster -migrate
   shutting down qmaster and scheduler on host "cond.cica.es" ...
   starting sge_qmaster

sge_qmaster didn't start!
Please check the messages file

   starting sge_schedd
error: commlib error: can't connect to service (Conexi?n rehusada)
error: getting configuration: unable to contact qmaster using port
6444 on host "pul.cica.es"
error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding

I have seen some posts like this, but I don't see answers about this
issue. Anybody had the same issue?

I think that it could be a problem with libraries, but in binaries I
have seen that internally sgemaster get the architecture with the
command $SGE_ROOT/util/arch .. When I execute this command, the answer
it's the correct (lx24-amd64 in the destination node and lx24-x86 in
the source node).

Thanks for all !!