[GE users] group resource quota

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 18 11:18:44 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 18.11.2008 um 11:27 schrieb ywan:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to set a resource quota for a user set?
>
> I want to limit the max number of active (queued and running) jobs
> for the whole group (rather than each member within the group).
>
> i.e. if the quota for group_A (user_A1 + user_A2) is 100,
> the number of user_A1's active jobs plus user_A2's active jobs
> cannot be
> more than 100.

RQS are looking into running jobs only, not waiting ones. Hence you
could limit the number of consumed slots per userset, but not the
jobs. If you have only serial ones, it's of course the same.

limit user @mygroup to slots=10

Without the curly braces {} it's in total, not for each one in the
userset.

The settings for jobs in total or per user in SGE's configuration are
only global for all users.

-- Reuti