[GE users] Dedicated Node Access

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 18 12:01:33 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 18.11.2008 um 12:49 schrieb Glanfield, Wayne:

> Is it possible to configure SGE to ensure that a job has dedicated
> access to a node. We sometime get into situations where multiple
> jobs run on the same node which we need to avoid.

you could just request the complete memory of a node or all slots.
I.e. submit a parallel one and run only serial.

There is also a different approach in the mailing list:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/CTSearch?
searchText=greedy&defaultField=body&Search=Search&pluginName=messages&ds
ForumId=38&dsNav=APz&submitButton=Search

-- Reuti