[GE announce] Sun HPC ClusterTools 8.1 now available

Conrad Geiger - Principal Technologist Conrad.Geiger at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 18 12:56:53 GMT 2008

From: Rebecca Arney <Rebecca.Arney at Sun.COM>
Subject: Sun HPC ClusterTools 8.1 now available !!

HPC Community,

As we ramp to SC'08 in Austin next week, I am pleased to announce the
availability of Sun HPC ClusterTools 8.1.

CT 8.1 is Sun's high-performance MPI library and parallel job
launcher based on Open MPI 1.3 (http://www.open-mpi.org).  It is
fully supported by Sun and includes all features introduced in CT 8.0
earlier this year (the first release to support Linux as well as
Solaris), plus with 8.1 we have introduced additional MPI application
profiling and Dtrace provider support, as well as key bugfixes.

Major features of Sun HPC ClusterTools follow:
  -Support for Linux (RHEL 4&5, SLES 9&10), Solaris 10, OpenSolaris
  -Support for Sun Studio compilers on Solaris and Linux, plus the
GNU/gcc toolchain on Linux
  -MPI profiling support with Sun Studio Analyzer (see SSX 11.2008),
plus support for
	VampirTrace and MPI PERUSE
  -Infiniband multi-rail support
  -Mellanox ConnectX Infiniband support
  -DTrace provider support on Solaris
  -Enhanced performance and scalability, including processor affinity
support
  -Support for InfiniBand, GbE, 10GbE, and Myrinet interconnects
  -Plug-ins for Sun Grid Engine (SGE) and Portable Batch System (PBS)
  -Full MPI-2 standard compliance, including MPI I/O and one sided
communication

Full information on CT 8.1, including download link, is available
at:  http://www.sun.com/software/products/clustertools/

And congratulations to the entire HPC ClusterTools team for a job
well done!

Rebecca