[GE users] Scheduler tuning

Robert Healey healer at rpi.edu
Tue Nov 18 19:30:27 GMT 2008

Hello.

I'm currently running Grid Engine across a 1032 processor/129 node
cluster.  Most of my jobs submitted are parallel MPI jobs, with 8-208
slots requested/job.  I've been finding that even with 3-4 idle nodes,
an 8 slot job will be split among 2-3 nodes when the ideal in my
circumstances is to run all 8 slots on a single 8 core node.  I've
defined all the nodes as having 8 slots, and am looking for things in
the scheduler config to tweak to better schedule the CPU time.

Thank you.
--
Bob Healey
Systems Administrator