[GE users] Advance Reservation in 6.2 questions

Piotr Domagalski piotr.domagalski at fedstage.com
Wed Nov 19 14:11:51 GMT 2008

Hi all,

1. I was wondering what happens to jobs that are running within
reservation when the reservation is deleted? When I used qrdel there
seems to be a 60 seconds delay before the jobs are actually killed.
What is this delay for? Is it configurable?

2. What happens to jobs when the reservation window end is reached? I
noticed that the job is killed with SIGKILL DURATION_OFFSET seconds
before the actual window end. I also noticed that when the job is
submitted when there is less than DURATION_OFFSET seconds until the
window end, the job is allowed to execute till its end. Could anyone
comment on this behavior?

--
Piotr Domagalski