[GE users] Cannot make virtual_free consumable?

Piotr Domagalski piotr.domagalski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:07:36 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm using SGE 6.2 and it seems that switching virtual_free resource to
consumable doesn't work for me. Here's the definition of the complex:

virtual_free        vf         MEMORY      <=    YES         YES
 0        0

I've attached this complex to my host:

  szalik at photon:~$ qconf -se photon
  complex_values        virtual_free=4G

  szalik at photon:~$ qstat -F |grep virtual_free
	hc:virtual_free=2.087G

Now when I submit a job:

  qsub -l virtual_free=1G

The job is runnig but I still get:

  szalik at photon:~$ qstat -F |grep virtual_free
  	hc:virtual_free=2.091G

Doing the same for my own, not built-in consumable complex of memory
type does the job. What am I doing wrong?

--
Piotr Domagalski