[GE users] [OT] qlicserver + lmutil = kernel panic

igardais ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Thu Nov 20 11:13:55 GMT 2008

Hi list,

I find in qlicserver a friend to link flexlm-secured features to SGE.
Last week, the machine running qlicserver crashed in a kernel panic referencing 'lmutil'.
I restarted the machine, restarted qlicserver and boom, it crashed the next morning with a kernel panic.

Finally I restarted the machine, let qlicserver down, and the machine is up and running for a few days.

I suspect the fact that I configured qlicserver to query two Flexlm servers with different versions :
- one is running FlexLM 9.5.0
- the other is running FlexLM 10.8.2.1
Queries are made with lmutil v9.5.0

Anyone ran into the same issue ?
I'm doing more tests in order to try to identify more precisely the origin of the kernel panic.

Ionel