[GE users] qdel by user broken with tight integration

Scott Beardsley scott at cse.ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 20 17:42:58 GMT 2008

I have tight integration with OpenMPI 1.2.6 + GE 6.1u4 working nicely.
There is one problem that has been bugging me. When a node dies (out of
mem, kernel panic, hardware, etc) the job hangs around until the user
qdel's it. Then it enters the dr state and eventually must be removed by
root via "qdel -f". Is there any way to have the job removed
automatically and/or by the user? Also, is there any way to notify the
user when the node dies (of course I can always do this out of band)?

Scott