[GE users] Exclusive execution and AR

Piotr Domagalski piotr.domagalski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:53:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:20 PM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>> Anyone has other ideas? Or is it not implementable at all? ;-)
>
> What about requesting 1) all the memory in a machine or b) a PE and
> run only serial although n slots were requested?

I was actually thinking of PE. Memory is even simpler ;-) I was just
thinking of simpler solution for the end user. That's why I tried the
"-l running=0 -l exclusive=1" idea, but that failed... I'm gonna have
to play with PE or memory, then.

> Note: jobs not requesting h_rt will have an assumed duration of
> inifinity, to avoid that they still running when the AR starts.

I'm aware of that. However, the AR still has some magic inside I
couldn't fully comprehend ;-) See:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=89099

--
Piotr Domagalski