[GE users] trivial: EXEC_HOST_LIST format?

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Fri Nov 21 18:27:14 GMT 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008, reuti wrote:
> > Hmmm.  I'm thinking about this wrong then.  I thought you were
> > supposed to centralize ...
>
> This should also work, when you have rsh/ssh between the nodes.

This does work (and I do have passwordless ssh set up among the nodes,
which I read was a requirement)

> If I looked it up correctly, the EXEC_HOST_LIST might also have the
> name (s) of  one or more files with one line per host, which will
> then be used.

This does not seem to work using a direct substitution of file name
for host list.

with the line from the config file as:

# same result with the file path quoted or unquoted
EXEC_HOST_LIST=/path/to/file.one.host.per.line

./inst_sge -x -auto /path/to/sge_all.conf
Reading configuration from file /path/to/sge_all.conf
error resolving host "/path/to/file.one.host.per.line": can't resolve
host name (h_errno = HOST_NOT_FOUND)

so it looks like it's trying to use the file name as a host name.
There might be some option or other variable name to use, but the
direct substitution doesn't work.

Thanks
Harry

> Regarding the original problem: the IFS is redefined and obviously
>   reset to three blanks+newline. I'll ask on the dev list why, or
> whether it's a typo.

Thanks (but what is an IFS?)

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)