[GE users] SGE 6.2 : use of ssh for qlogin/qrsh

igardais ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Sun Nov 23 15:48:48 GMT 2008

Hi list,

I'm glad to announce that I successfully upgrade our cluster to SGE 6.2.
However, when we were running 6.1 and earlier, I configured cluster-wide rsh_ and rlogin_daemon to use 'sshd -i'.
During 6.2 upgrade, I've choose to use the new IJS mode : parameters now read "builtin".

Is the reporting and lost-of-control issues are closed with 6.2 so I can keep going to use public-key ssh ?
or should I try to make our MPI programs to use that 'builtin' method so we will be 'compatible' with future release of SGE ?

Thanks,
Ionel