RE : [GE users] SGE 6.2 : use of ssh for qlogin/qrsh

igardais ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Sun Nov 23 17:34:22 GMT 2008

I was not able to make startmpi's '-catch_rsh' option to work with PEs.
So I used the startmpi script only to generate a machine file and forced the mpdboot/mpirun command inside the submitted script to use ssh (we use IntelMPI implementation).

Also, at this time, I was not aware that sge's rsh does not use xinetd rsh (and I want to avoid to open the r* commands on each nodes) so the use of ssh comforted me in this choice.

Ionel