[GE users] Problem adding a submit host

Esteban Freire esfreire at cesga.es
Tue Nov 25 12:11:53 GMT 2008

Hello all,

We have installed the qmaster on a machine, and on this qmaster machine
we have configured various Administration and Submit hosts. Until now,
we have configured like administration and submit hosts, machines with
different names.

The problem is that now we have the machine "ce.i2g.cesga.es" configured
as administration and submit host, and we have another machine
"ce.eela.cesga.es", so when we want to add this second one, we get a
message saying "ce.eela.cesga.es" already exists. As far as we were
looking, it seems only take the first name "ce" and it doesn't look the
rest of information "eela.cesga.es", therefore it see that "ce" exists,
but it doesn't see that the sub domains are different. On the other
hand, if we remove "ce.eela.cesga.es", it removes "ce.i2g.cesga.es".
Some examples:
[root at test01 ~]# qconf -ss
ce.i2g.cesga.es
ce2.egee.cesga.es
test01.egee.cesga.es
test03.egee.cesga.es
[root at test01 ~]# qconf -as ce.eela.cesga.es
submithost "ce.eela.cesga.es" already exists
[root at test01 ~]# qconf -ds ce.eela.cesga.es
root at test01.egee.cesga.es removed "ce.eela.cesga.es" from submit host list
[root at test01 ~]# qconf -ss
ce2.egee.cesga.es
test01.egee.cesga.es
test03.egee.cesga.es

I don't know if some else got this  problem, of if there is a open bug
about this. In any case, I would appreciate any information about it,
and I would like to know if we could edit some file to modify this.

Thanks in advance,
Esteban