[GE users] Problem adding a submit host

Esteban Freire esfreire at cesga.es
Tue Nov 25 12:46:55 GMT 2008

Hi Reuti,

Thanks for your quick answer :)

reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 25.11.2008 um 13:11 schrieb Esteban Freire:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> We have installed the qmaster on a machine, and on this qmaster
>> machine
>> we have configured various Administration and Submit hosts. Until now,
>> we have configured like administration and submit hosts, machines with
>> different names.
>>
>> The problem is that now we have the machine "ce.i2g.cesga.es"
>> configured
>> as administration and submit host, and we have another machine
>> "ce.eela.cesga.es", so when we want to add this second one, we get a
>>

> did you install SGE to honor the FQDN? It's an option during
> installation. Otherwise it checks just the hostname, which is of
> course identical.
>
> -- Reuti

Ok, you've right, we didn't install SGE to honor the FQDN, because when
we did the installation, we didn't consider it necessary. Is there any
way of modify a file or variable to change it in order to see the FQDN?
I ask this, because it's not possible for us run the installation again,
so if there is any way of change this without run the installation
again, it would be perfect.

Thanks,
Esteban

-