[GE users] Olesen & derivated elements

Chaffard Remi (Consultant) remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com
Tue Nov 25 13:20:16 GMT 2008

Hello,

We currently try to implement Olesen method to manage license in our cluster.
We get an error with the "derived" elements; witch set the SGE value to the sum of the total number of license of the inner elements.

For instance for fluent, we have 10 license fluentall and 8 license fluent-par. We created a derivated "lic_fluentbatch", witch is always set to 18. Is there any way to set it with the sum of the free licenses of inner elements?
I mean if there are 2 free license of fluentall and 8 for fluent-par, value of lic_fluentbatch should be 10, and not 18.

Maybe there is something I don't understand, but is the value is always set to 18, what is the advantage of such functionality?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards.

Rémi CHAFFARD
Société SOLUTEC
On behalf of Volvo IT - GI&O / SP / AP / PDEV
Tel: +33 4 72 96 61 52
Email: mailto:remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com