[GE users] Problem adding a submit host

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 25 13:42:28 GMT 2008

Am 25.11.2008 um 13:46 schrieb Esteban Freire:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> Thanks for your quick answer :)
>
> reuti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 25.11.2008 um 13:11 schrieb Esteban Freire:
>>

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> We have installed the qmaster on a machine, and on this qmaster
>>> machine
>>> we have configured various Administration and Submit hosts. Until
>>> now,
>>> we have configured like administration and submit hosts, machines
>>> with
>>> different names.
>>>
>>> The problem is that now we have the machine "ce.i2g.cesga.es"
>>> configured
>>> as administration and submit host, and we have another machine
>>> "ce.eela.cesga.es", so when we want to add this second one, we get a
>>>

>> did you install SGE to honor the FQDN? It's an option during
>> installation. Otherwise it checks just the hostname, which is of
>> course identical.
>>
>> -- Reuti
>>

> Ok, you've right, we didn't install SGE to honor the FQDN, because
> when
> we did the installation, we didn't consider it necessary. Is there any
> way of modify a file or variable to change it in order to see the
> FQDN?
> I ask this, because it's not possible for us run the installation
> again,
> so if there is any way of change this without run the installation
> again, it would be perfect.

Hi Esteban,

the setting is memorized in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap as
an entry:

ignore_fqdn             true

I don't know, whether it will be honored immediately or whether you
have to restart the sgemaster and/or sgeexec. I would choose to
change the name of the new machine. It will work instantly and won't
affect the operation of ongoing jobs.

-- Reuti

> Thanks,
> Esteban
>>
>>> message saying "ce.eela.cesga.es" already exists. As far as we were
>>> looking, it seems only take the first name "ce" and it doesn't look
>>> the
>>> rest of information "eela.cesga.es", therefore it see that "ce"
>>> exists,
>>> but it doesn't see that the sub domains are different. On the other
>>> hand, if we remove "ce.eela.cesga.es", it removes "ce.i2g.cesga.es".
>>> Some examples:
>>> --
>>> [root at test01 ~]# qconf -ss
>>> ce.i2g.cesga.es
>>> ce2.egee.cesga.es
>>> test01.egee.cesga.es
>>> test03.egee.cesga.es
>>> --
>>> [root at test01 ~]# qconf -as ce.eela.cesga.es
>>> submithost "ce.eela.cesga.es" already exists
>>> --
>>> [root at test01 ~]# qconf -ds ce.eela.cesga.es
>>> root at test01.egee.cesga.es removed "ce.eela.cesga.es" from submit
>>> host list
>>> --
>>> [root at test01 ~]# qconf -ss