[GE users] Problem adding a submit host

Esteban Freire esfreire at cesga.es
Tue Nov 25 14:24:32 GMT 2008

reuti wrote:
> Am 25.11.2008 um 13:46 schrieb Esteban Freire:
>

>> Hi Reuti,
>>
>> Thanks for your quick answer :)
>>
>> reuti wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> did you install SGE to honor the FQDN? It's an option during
>>> installation. Otherwise it checks just the hostname, which is of
>>> course identical.
>>>
>>> -- Reuti
>>>

>> Ok, you've right, we didn't install SGE to honor the FQDN, because
>> when
>> we did the installation, we didn't consider it necessary. Is there any
>> way of modify a file or variable to change it in order to see the
>> FQDN?
>> I ask this, because it's not possible for us run the installation
>> again,
>> so if there is any way of change this without run the installation
>> again, it would be perfect.
>>

> Hi Esteban,
>
> the setting is memorized in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap as
> an entry:
>
> ignore_fqdn             true
>
> I don't know, whether it will be honored immediately or whether you
> have to restart the sgemaster and/or sgeexec. I would choose to
> change the name of the new machine. It will work instantly and won't
> affect the operation of ongoing jobs.
>
> -- Reuti

Hi Reuti,

Thanks a lot for your help :). I edited
*$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap* to change *ignore_fqdn* parameter
to false. Then, I tried add the submit host, and I got the same message
"ce.eela.cescaga.es already exists", so I restart the sgemaster but with
the option sofstop,  */etc/init.d/sgemaster
softstop;/etc/init.d/sgemaster start*. After this, I tried again add the
new machine like administrative and submit host, and indeed, it worked
perfectly.

Thanks,
Esteban