[GE users] Olesen & derivated elements

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Tue Nov 25 15:12:49 GMT 2008

> We currently try to implement Olesen method to manage license in our
> cluster.
> We get an error with the "derived" elements; witch set the SGE value
> to the sum of the total number of license of the inner elements.

> For instance for fluent, we have 10 license fluentall and 8 license
> fluent-par. We created a derivated "lic_fluentbatch", witch is always
> set to 18. Is there any way to set it with the sum of the free
> licenses of inner elements?
> I mean if there are 2 free license of fluentall and 8 for fluent-par,
> value of lic_fluentbatch should be 10, and not 18.

This is a bug that I only discovered myself about 2 weeks ago. It
apparently slipped in while I was restructuring stuff for the xml
input/output for the last release. The internal usage where not
correctly added together for derived elements ... making it pretty much
useless, as you've discovered.

I have my current personal version that I can send you. I'm hesitant
release it in general just yet, since I haven't finished testing all of
the other bits.

/mark
message from your computer.