[GE users] Question concerning MPI_UNIVERSE_SIZE

andreas andreas.haas at sun.com
Wed Nov 26 11:13:44 GMT 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> which is more or less what I expected (only that each node has a
> quadcore, and I would somehow expect to get 4 for the Universe size)

How did you submit the job? What is the configuration of the parallel
environment you are using?

> Is this a setup issue of openMPI?

In the broadest sense: Yes certainly! ;-)

Actual question is what allocation SGE got you for this job. The above
output suggests SGE scheduler decided for a 2x8 assignment and so it was
launched like this.

Regards,
Andreas

http://gridengine.info/