[GE users] AR output in qhost -F

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 26 16:07:08 GMT 2008

Hi,

I made virtual_free consumable and attached it to the hosts
(vf=800M); it's honored in an AR (-l vf=500M) and conventional jobs
can't use the reserved resources as it should be while the AR is
running. You will get an output line for `qstat -j <job_id>` like:

(-l vf=500M) cannot run at host "pc15370" because it offers only
hc:virtual_free=314572800.000000

Anyway, the output of `qhost -F` is:

$ qhost -F
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE
SWAPTO  SWAPUS
-------
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
pc15370                 lx24-x86        1  0.12  979.9M  142.0M
517.7M   16.0K
    hc:virtual_free=800.000M

and only running jobs are lowering the shown value - either in the AR
or a normal qsub. Somwhow I would like to have an output like the
slots column "reserved" in qstat:

    hc:virtual_free=800.000M (500.000M AR)

It shall not pop up there for any AR in the future, but for the
already running ones on this machine. Is this feasible? Shall I file
an issue?