[GE users] AR output in qhost -F

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 26 18:33:57 GMT 2008

Am 26.11.2008 um 18:02 schrieb roland:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> reuti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made virtual_free consumable and attached it to the hosts
>> (vf=800M); it's honored in an AR (-l vf=500M) and conventional jobs
>> can't use the reserved resources as it should be while the AR is
>> running. You will get an output line for `qstat -j <job_id>` like:
>>
>> (-l vf=500M) cannot run at host "pc15370" because it offers only
>> hc:virtual_free=314572800.000000
>>
>> Anyway, the output of `qhost -F` is:
>>
>> $ qhost -F
>> HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE
>> SWAPTO  SWAPUS
>> ---
>> -------
>> global                  -               -     -       -       -
>> -       -
>> pc15370                 lx24-x86        1  0.12  979.9M  142.0M
>> 517.7M   16.0K
>>     hc:virtual_free=800.000M
>>
>> and only running jobs are lowering the shown value - either in the AR
>> or a normal qsub. Somwhow I would like to have an output like the
>> slots column "reserved" in qstat:
>>
>>     hc:virtual_free=800.000M (500.000M AR)
>>
>> It shall not pop up there for any AR in the future, but for the
>> already running ones on this machine. Is this feasible? Shall I file
>> an issue?

Hi Roland,

I'm also not sure about the format, as this way you couldn't decide
how much of the complex is now used by an AR job and how much by a
normal job - or is left for a normal job in the end.

For the above example with a total of 800M it might be better:

hc:virtual_free=300.000M (500.000M AR)

and subtraction should only be done for the used way of starting the
job - either in the normal complex or the AR. What about two lines in
case of an AR:

hc:virtual_free=300.000M
hc:virtual_free_ar=500.000M

and the same in the XML output?