[GE users] Requested consumables in dynamic resource quota

henry.leyh at ipp.mpg.de henry.leyh at ipp.mpg.de
Thu Nov 27 16:25:50 GMT 2008

Hello,
I am looking for a way to limit the requests of a consumable resource on a per-slot basis for certain hosts. Something like

  limit users {*} hosts {@certain_hosts} to my_resource=$requested_slots*some_value

where my_resource is the consumable resource and $requested_slots is the number of slots requested in the -pe statement in qsub.

The background is: I have defined a mem_phys consumable resource in order to allow for jobs that can e.g. occupy a complete host without using all processors (i.e. request more mem_phys and get more memory per task (I am aware that this doesn't actually guarantee free memory or restrict a job's memory consumption but merely limits the number of slots per host)). For some of the hosts I would like to define an upper limit for mem_phys per requested slot.

Regards,
Henry