[GE users] arco database

jana jana.olivova at sun.com
Thu Nov 27 17:59:24 GMT 2008

Hi Sergio,

Yes it is most likely normal. It depends on how many report_variables
have you set to be reported (see report_variables parameter of the
host_conf(5) man page). You can easily configure the dbwriter deletion
rules, so the outdated data is deleted every so often.  By default most
of the deletion rules are set to 2 years, by decreasing this value you
can control  the size of your database. You can only keep the derived
values and delete the raw values. You can also specify a subscope and
thus differentiate which vakues from one table to keep how long.

See:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Derived+Values+and+Deletion+Rules#DerivedValuesandDeletionRules-DeletingOutdatedRecords

Regards,

Jana