[GE users] two cluster with the same reporting

sergio diaz sdiaz at cesga.es
Thu Nov 27 18:47:06 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I want install other dbwriter in other cluster using the same reporting
and also the same webconsole.
If I create other database for the new cluster, the webconsole won't see
this database because the reporting was set with the other database.
Could I add to the file /gridware/sge/default/arco/reporting/config.xml
two configuration of database?

I.E. I have the following configuration and we could add the same only
changed <database name="arco" host="machine.arco" port="3306"
schema="arco"> for <database name="arco1" host="machine.arco"
port="3306" schema="arco1">

<configuration>
  <!--
    Configure the database connection to be used by the application
  -->
  <database name="arco" host="machine.arco" port="3306" schema="arco">
     <driver type="mysql">
        <javaClass>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</javaClass>
     </driver>
     <user name="arco_read" passwd="XXXXXXX" maxConnections="10"/>
  </database>
            <applUser>default</applUser>
  <storage>
    <root>/var/spool/arco</root>
    <queries>queries</queries>
    <results>results</results>
  </storage>
</configuration>

If I read the following paragraph in the web page of arco, I guess that
it isn't necessary and only If I want do a query using the two
databases, I have to do for example "select arco.host, arco1.host from
arco, arco1.sge_job;"
Would be correct this suppose?

> If you configure MySQL multiple databases using just one pair of users
> (arco_write, arco_read) and grant the privileges as described in step
> 7 of How to Configure the ARCo Database on MySQL
> <http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Installing+ARCo#InstallingARCo-mysqlgrant>,
> you can perform cross_cluster queries. You must use the
> fully-qualified names when accessing objects, for example
> /database_name/./table_name/.

Many Thanks,
Regards

--