[GE users] QERROR

tcheard tom.heard at eservglobal.com
Thu Nov 27 20:51:57 GMT 2008

When I do a control-C to close a qmake job before its finished because of an error I sometimes get an error on my queues:

theard at eng-prf-cont01:~/build/THIRD_PARTY$ qstat -f
queuename                      qtype resv/used/tot. load_avg arch          states
all.q at eng-prf-cont01           BIP   0/0/6          0.40     sol-sparc64   E
all.q at eng-prf-cont02.eservglob BIP   0/0/6          0.41     sol-sparc64   E
all.q at eng-prf-cont06.eservglob BIP   0/0/6          0.41     sol-sparc64   E
all.q at eng-prf-cont07.eservglob BIP   0/0/6          0.41     sol-sparc64   E

And when I try to do another gmake build I can't and I get an error saying:

Your "qrsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.

I know that I can clear the QERROR by switching to the admin user and doing a qmod -c all.q which works, but my question is is sge supposed to be this delicate? And is there any other way of clearing the error other than switching to the admin user?

Tom