[GE users] Requested consumables in dynamic resource quota

Henry Leyh henry.leyh at ipp.mpg.de
Fri Nov 28 07:28:20 GMT 2008

On Thu Nov 27 2008, reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 27.11.2008 um 17:25 schrieb henry.leyh at ipp.mpg.de:
> > I am looking for a way to limit the requests of a consumable
> > resource on a per-slot basis for certain hosts. Something like
> >
> >   limit users {*} hosts {@certain_hosts} to my_resource=
> > $requested_slots*some_value
> >
> > where my_resource is the consumable resource and $requested_slots
> > is the number of slots requested in the -pe statement in qsub.
>
> if you reqeust a PE for your job, all limits/resource requests are
> multiplied automatically by the requested slot count.

If I set up my RQS like this:

  limit users {*} hosts {@certain_hosts} to my_resource=some_value

then it looks like I am allowed to use no more than 'some_value' on one host.
That is, one slot seizes all of 'some_value' and I can run only in one slot
per host, no matter how many more slots are free. But what I would like is
more or less the opposite: that one slot can not request more than
'some_value' so that I can run in more than one slot with each taking at most
'some_value' (in fact what you are saying: the resource limit should be
multiplied by the requested number of slots which, however, does not appear to
be the case).

Regards,
Henry

--
Henry Leyh ------------ Software Development / System Administration
Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik / Stellarator Theory Department

/*   http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?t=k&ll=54.0743,13.4238&z=19   */