[GE users] two cluster with the same reporting

jana jana.olivova at sun.com
Fri Nov 28 14:06:54 GMT 2008

Hi Sergio,

Let me first get clear if I understand what  are you saying. You have
one cluster that is 6.1 and the second that is 6.2?

If you have the 6.2 reporting sources you can easily add the database
connection parameters from clusters that use 6.1 dbwriter and have the
6.1 database schema structure.  Since in the 6.2 reporting  the
predefined-queries  are for  6.2 some of them will not work on 6.1
database. For example none of the AdvanceReservation queries will work
since there are no  ar tables in the 6.1 database schema, some others
might not work either, because some unused fields were dropped in 6.2
and thus you will get SQL Exception when trying to reference
non-existent field.

There were also some changes to the actual queries to accommodate for
other changes that were made in the table structures or the data's that
were reported, they might not throw Exception but they might just not
provide the most correct results.  You can of course copy the 6.1 xml
query files from 6.1 reporting spool directory to the spool directory of
6.2 reporting and renaming them so you know these are to be used on 6.1
cluster.

Do you have 6.1 version or 6.1u4 and >?

Jana