[GE users] installing sge 6.2 -- cluster name --

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 30 09:30:30 GMT 2008

I really have to say this, and please don't get me wrong.
I think your company would do well to hire a consultant, or hire the
services of one of the companies who build clusters and participate on this
list, to set up Gridengine for you.
If you sit with the consultant you can learn how it was set up, and how to
operate it.
Add some on-going support into the agreement, say at the level of telephone
support.

I hate saying this, as of course the best way of learning is doing.
For myself, the first day I started work with a major European clustering
company I was presented with a rack of dual Opteron systems somewhere in the
UK - and told to get busy installing Gridengine on it.

John Hearns