[GE users] qmaster startup issues

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 16:25:00 BST 2008

It may help to use strace to find out which was the last file qmaster has read before it crashed.

Note that you can start qmaster from the command line by hand. You can either use strace option -f (follow forks), or set the environment variable "SGE_ND" (no daemonize), or else strace won't be able to trace qmaster properly.

 -Ron