[GE users] Resource Reservation again

Bradford, Matthew matthew.bradford at eds.com
Wed Oct 1 21:38:36 BST 2008

Sorry to keep asking similar questions, but I'm hoping someone may be
able to help.

If we need to use queue subordination, and specifically mutual
subordination between a serial queue and a parallel queue, is there any
way to prevent starvation of nodes for large parallel jobs. Resource
reservation doesn't work when queue subordination is being used, so we
need another solution.

Another way of asking this question, and how the users see it, is :

How can we ensure that the job at the top of the pending queue is the
next job to get started?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mat Bradford