[GE users] Stupid question about getting old binaries

Brett W Grant Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Thu Oct 2 23:52:09 BST 2008

I guess that their is a statement in arch that parses out the version of
glibc and it was including an extra comma, so it wasn't going down the
proper case switch.  I added a | cut -d 1 -f "," to the command and now it
works ok.  I was able to add the machine as an execution host and it is
currently in test.  Unlike the poster in the link, the jobs are running.

Thank for the help,
Brett Grant

"Rayson Ho" <rayrayson at gmail.com>
10/02/2008 12:10 PM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] Stupid question about getting old binaries

Find out why the "arch" script is not supporting your OS version, refer
to:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/BrowseList?list=users&by=thread&from=48911

Rayson

On 10/2/08, Brett W Grant <Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com> wrote:
> That worked wonderfully.  However, I have a new problem that comes from
my not really understanding how sge works under the hood.  I am trying to
add an intel box running cent-os5.  I grabbed the lx24-x86 binary stuff
and extracted it.  If I call the exact command , the one I tried was
$SGE_ROOT/bin/lx24-x86/qstat, it works fine, but if I just issue a qstat
command, it claims a command not found.

> I am guessing that this is because the arch command returns
UNSUPPORTED-lx24_GLIBC-2.5,-x86
> and puts this in the $PATH variable.  Can I simply modify the arch
script to return lx24_x86, or will there be other issues down the line?